Nothing says luxury Florida living quite like a custom built pool in the backyard of a custom built home. Plenty of people love dreaming about a spa-like pool to complete their home. While it is a lovely addition to think about, does it work for you in reality? To help you make the best decision we’ve listed the top pros and cons to adding a pool to your new Sarasota home.
- They cool you down in hot summers (and warm winters). If you live in a tropical location, like Florida, then a pool can be a great idea. When it seems too hot to go out and enjoy the sunny summer day, a pool is your cooling oasis.
- They can add value to your home. While you might not be thinking about selling your custom dream home, a pool can increase your home’s value. Pools are especially valuable in warm climates. They’re a great idea if you live in a region with soaring temperatures and sunshine.
- They create a pleasant view. Looking to dress up your backyard? If you find that the site of your custom home is less than dramatic, a pool can help. You can design your pool to incorporate landscape and natural elements in your yard.
- They can be works of art or a fun hangout for the whole family. Who says you have to choose just one? Pools are just as customizable as your home, so build a slide, add jets, or integrate custom lighting.
- They’re expensive to build. A custom pool can be a serious expense. They can run anywhere from $30,000 to over $100,000.
- They come with more liability. Swimming pools can spell disaster for young children and pets. Adding one means adding a secure fence to keep out wandering kids from around the neighborhood. You might also want to add to your homeowner’s insurance to be safe.
- They can attract wild critters. Gators love pools. So do geese, ducks, and bugs. Routine maintenance and a safe fence should keep these out, but do beware!
- They require regular maintenance. Remember when we talked about added expenses? Once you’ve built the pool you’ll have to clean and repair it as needed.
HIRE THE SARASOTA CONTRACTING PROFESSIONALS
Usually, building a pool in Longboat key, West of the Trail, Bird Key, and the surrounding areas in Florida is a great idea. When you’re ready to take the plunge, call Markley Construction for a free consultation.